Call for Papers
The hosts of the 16th International ILIAS Conference in Freiburg im Breisgau would like to invite all user of ILIAS, as well as all those interested in e-learning generally, to actively take part in this year's conference with scientific contributions or user-reports. Contributions can be submitted in the following core topic areas:
- Open Educational Resources : What should you pay attention to when using or making Open Educational Resources available? What technical, legal and educational implications are there? How do you motivate authors to publish their own materials? And how do you organise and support this?
- Training and Personnel Development: Here we are looking for contributions on the topic of training and further education in higher education institutions and the business sector. Which online and blended-learning concepts have proven effective for further education formats (keyword: 'lifelong learning')? Which ILIAS tools and which concepts for supervision/guidance of participants in distance learning programmes have proven successful? Skills and competence management in businesses: What are the requirements for a well-functioning cooperation between learning platforms and human resources management?
- Learning Success and Skills Orientation: How can learning success be guaranteed and measured (keyword: Learning Analytics)? What are the possibilities and limitations of skills-oriented learning scenarios? From which successful projects can something be learned?
- Video-based Learning: How are videos already successfully used in learning and teaching scenarios? What research exists on the subject and how can ILIAS be used for video-based learning? What demands does the use of video-based learning materials make of learners and teachers and how can these be technically and educationally supported? Video-management/handling large data volumes/streaming-solutions: What examples exist of video management and interfaces between ILIAS and external video platforms?
- E-Learning Innovations: This slot is a space for innovative ideas, projects and discussions from a wide range of topics.
This year, contributions can be submitted in the following formats:
- Lecture/Presentation(30'): Present your topic in a 20 – 25 minute lecture followed by a circa 5 minute discussion with your audience. All presentations in the large conference room will be simultaneously interpreted (German → English or English → German).
- Workshop (90'): After an introductory speech, the participants should actively work on a topic and present a result at the end of the session.
- Hands-on-Tutorial (90'): The aim of this format is to deepen the participants understanding of a particular feature or process. Ideally the participants should be actively engaged with the feature or process being examined.
- Best Practice Space (90'): Multiple experience-based user reports will be presented and discussed together in order to gain more insight on a specific topic.
The Call for Papers has been extended and is open until May 05, 2017, 24 Uhr. Please send your proposal to: » Call for Papers 2017. To add your suggestion you need to have be logged in at www.ilias.de.
You will get a feedback about the jury's decision on your proposal until May 15. A reduced conference fee of €100 for the whole conference, including social event, is granted by the organisational committee to the leaders/lecturers of all accepted lectures, workshops and tutorials. Please understand that this reduced conference fee cannot be further reduced (for example for Early Bird or Society membership holders). It is also only possible to offer one discount per contribution – even if several people are involved.
By submitting your contribution you agree that your contribution may be recorded and that this recording may be distributed in part or whole on the internet.